Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hi from Ana

Hey everyone!
This trip is amazing. I'm having the best time. I can't believe it's already been a week! I've been helping plan this trip for a year, and now here we are! Wow.
I've been working with the kids at La Promesa every day. It's so much fun. I can understand only about two-thirds of what they say, but I still have such a connection with a couple of them. I can't believe we only have two days left at La Promesa. It will be so weird never to see these kids again. They won't even remember me. But I know I'll remember this experience forever. Tomorrow I'm going to work at building and painting, because I want to do that once, but I know I'll miss hanging out with the kids even that one day.
My other favorite thing was probably the indigenous community we visited. It was such a calming, peaceful place. They're so connected to nature. I really wish it was possible for everyone to be so wise about how to live in relation to the earth, and to other people.
Yesterday we visited Las Musas waterfall. It was beautiful. We got to swim underneath the waterfall, which makes one feel incredibly alive.
We're busy constantly, which is why I haven't gotten a chance to email anyone, and all my postcards will get to Corvallis after I do, if I ever do write them. Every day seems to take about a week. But know that I'm having an amazing time here, and I'm thinking of you! (sometimes...)
Love,
~Ana

No comments: