Friday, August 3, 2007

Emily Black´s Point of View

Hey it´s Emily Black and im pretty sure you all know that we arrived safely in Costa Rica! But first of all this country is AMAZING! I am so so so glad that I was able to be apart of this trip. And I think that everyone would agree that this is definitally a life changing experience. So thank you to everyone who helped us get here and thank you especially to the parents, because no way would we be here without you all. So thanks so much. All of us youth are very happy with our Costa Rican families and they are taking such good care of us. The food is excellent and it´s a really good thing if you like rice and beans because those two foods are very often served. So let me tell you a little about what we have been doing in this beautiful place. Well the first day we went to a very well known gathering that only happens once a year and people from all over Costa Rica walk miles and miles just to be a part of this very religious ceremony, but it was an honor to be apart of it so I am very glad we were able to experience that. And after that we had a very well made lunch and a place called the Rancho which also had a swimming pool which after lunch everyone was in the pool whether they were thrown in or had gotten in themselves. And on the third day which is today we started working with the women and the village that they live in. But first when we got there we were presented a little skit that gave us a little taste of what their life was before their new and better life today, and then following that was a very beautiful dance to show the change of how much better their lives are today. Then we had a little snack which was very delicious and split up into our two working groups. One group was to work in the garden and the other group was to play with the kids and to interact, and I chose to be in the playing with the children group which was so much fun. And even though my Spanish isn´t very good I think by the time I leave I will be so much more confident with this language. So I am very excited to see what happens next in these next few days and man I just am so happy to be here and I cant wait to make an impact on the lives the ones who need it most and I think we have found them and now all we need to do is show them that there is still hope and everything is going to be ok. So thanks again to everyone who made this adventure possible and we miss you all very much. Muchas Gracias!!!!!

Adios!

Emily Black

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!